Old June 8th 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default EiBi Skeds Updated!

Mike wrote:

On Jun 7, 7:57�pm, Telamon
wrote:

If you have your B.A., M.A., and course work for a Ph.D. what's stopping
you? Sounds like you just need a mentor and approved subject for a
dissertation. Have you published any papers that could be at least a
starting point for one?

My advisor was incapacitated by a stroke. If I had returned to school,
I could have easily obtained one (by putting together another panel),
but the lack of the doctorate never kept me from landing positions. In
my current job, my other degrees were more than enough to land the
position. And being a very successful debate coach made getting offers
for jobs easy. With a family, I could never afford to take the time
off to complete the docotrate, though I was real close.

I want a 'docotrate' too! Since nobody can check, guess I'll just fake it!

Yes, I've published several papers and presented many others at
various communication association conferences. Maybe Steve will try
and dig those up for everyone. Mainly dealing with argumentation
theory and debate practice. If you go to the page Steve posted, you'll
see I'm the Chair of my Department.

More of a Couch than a Chair.