Old June 8th 09, 04:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Just Plain Burr Just Plain Burr is offline

Default DXing with the Drake

"Mike"

Do you get better reception from the SW8 than from the Sat800? I've
got the Grundi and been giving some consideration to acquiring the
Drake. Is it up step uf from the 800?

Mike

Mike, I like the 800 better. It's much easier (sic) to use then the drake.

I think reception all depends on the antenna. You have to go a long way to
beat a good long wire, add a slope and a little "L" and "I Think" it can't
be beat.

I use both the SW8 and 800 when I'm DXing sometimes and they are about the
same maybe a little better with the 800 but things change so fast.

If you can afford a Drake then get it but put your money and time in an
Antenna, ground and battery power if you can. with good antenna, ground and
nice clean(flat) battery power any/most radios sound good. I have a YB400
that's great when setup right.

Burr