Old June 8th 09, 08:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Białek Szczepan Białek is offline

Default Polarized radiation

wrote ...
Szczepan Białek wrote:

wrote ...
Szczepan BiaÄą?ek wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote
Szczepan BiaÄą?ek wrote:
But what radiate 1/4 wave antenna (mast) with the one end only? Is
the
radiation polarized?

Why not download the free demo version of EZNEC from
www.eznec.com which will tell you that the radiation
from a 1/4WL vertical monopole is primarily vertically
polarized.

What means "primarily"?
Is in reality an antenna which radiate unpolarized radio waves?
S*

That you would use the term "unpolarized radio waves" shows you haven't
a clue what you are talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polarization

Are you sure that radio waves are transversal?
We are trying to find how the dipole works. The are the two
possibilities:
1. Dipol radiate the Maxwell's wave from the centre,
2. The two ends radiate the two pressure-like electric waves.

What do you prefer?

That you not post your babbling crap here.

Read the link I provided, then read the links it provides.

I am not interesting in theoretical physics.

There are about 100 years of experimental measurements that say how a
dipole works, which is the entire dipole radiates.

In the last 100 years the experimental measurements show that the feed line
(the two wires where something oscillate) do not radiate and that the two
bended ends radiate. This ends you call "entire dipole". Todays dipoles are
simply the two coupled monopoles.

The only one really dipole was the original Hertz apparatus. There no feed
line. There is the discharging of capacitor which is charged from tiet to
time. Se:
http://people.seas.harvard.edu/~jone...Hertz_exp.html

There is wrote: "According to theory, if electromagnetic waves were
spreading from the oscillator sparks..."
The oscillator sparks are in the centre. At the ends are the capacitor
plates. What radiates? The sparks or the plates?

Experiments show that radiation from the original Hertz dipole and from
todays two coupled monopoles are polarized. (in sense that the receiver
antennas work better if are parallel to the dipole).

Now portable radios and many others aplications work in each orientations.
My question is simple: What type of emmiting antennas are used in such
applications?
Are they monopoles?
S*