Old June 8th 09, 09:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.swap
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Need help.: OMNI-D 546 Receiving problems.!

On Jun 7, 9:57*pm, "Rick" wrote:
Please help me to solve my *omni-d problem.... It lost 90% of the receive
side.I can barely hear signals that were usually 30 over 9.but what gets me
it is that I flip the switch in the back to "receive" instead of leaving it
in the transceive position and use the receive jack(not the pl-259) and it
receive normally.I opened it and checked the relay(contacts) and they are
ok....I took a wire antenna and jumped it to the "input signal pin" of the
rx mixer and the reception cames back....any ideas guys.......

How did you check the relay contacts? My neighbor, now SK, had one
with a problem that sounds like yours and it was the relay. You cant
always tell just by looking.

Jimmie