Old June 9th 09, 03:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Spamm Trappe Spamm Trappe is offline

Default The End is Near...

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:46:38 -0400, Ed Cregger wrote:
I've been using usenet for about 15 years with various names. I just
read the announcement from AT&T that they are ending usenet services
very soon.

I sense that you don't know an awful lot about usenet -- since you've
multi-posted this in gawd knows how many ng's.

Your ISP is merely a _connection_ to the internet (and all it's
protocols.) Any "services" it provides beyond that are just 'teasers'
to get folks to sign up. Sadly, as with so many things America, they
are dumbing down the services they provide to cater to the klewless.

You have total freedom to avail yourself of _ALL_ the internet has to
offer once you're connected.

I use www.individual.net/ for usenet -- have done so for over 10 years
and through 3 different ISP's. WFM.

I use virtually _nothing_ of my ISP's services -- not DNS, not email,
not usenet... Once connected to the internet I have *the entire world*
across which to locate free or reasonably priced services.