Old June 9th 09, 08:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default Mag Mount lesson

On Jun 8, 8:39*pm, KC0YCS wrote:

Is this common 706 problem? i have heard it before

Dunno.. I know a lot of 706's are flaking out these days.
I bet the tiny caps in the circuits have a limited lifespan..
I know several personally that run 706's, and many of them
have flaked out recently and have had to go to the shop.
It's almost like they all decided to die at the same time.. :/
I bought mine new in 2001, so it's over 8 years old.