Old June 10th 09, 12:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default 6m and 10m inv V calc

Why are you using a 4:1 balun with a dipole ? If it is a simple dipole with
only one wire in each direction instead of a folded dipole the impedance is
around 70 ohms. If you decide on a balun it should be a 1:1.
When adjusted for the lowest swr you may find that 1.4 to 1 is about as low
as it will go if you use a 50 ohm coax.

"Pete" wrote in message
I question my calculations for a inverted-V dipole length for 50150 and
28400 into a 4:1 balun. I think they came out too short for 200ohms
center Z

Can someone confirm my two calculations?

Thank you!