Old June 12th 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default Hygain 18AVT v 18AVQ

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 03:36:58 GMT, VK2KC wrote:

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Hygain 18AVQ and the 18AVT
verticals?

A hundred years ago I had the older one -- I forget now which of the "T"
or "Q". The older one had large black plastic, old style 2-lb
coffee-can-sized (for the rest of the world: approx. 20cm Dia. x 10cm H),
coil and capacitor traps.

I obtained mine used and, in reality, it was a 12AVT-or-Q. I don't know
if it was sold that-a-way: a 10-15-20M model, or if it was "re-engineered"
before I got it.

Anyway, I believe the difference was in the traps -- the newer models
being of the "aluminium sleeve" style.

HTH
Jonesy
--