Old June 13th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default "Panel" style UHF DTV antenna?

On May 31, 7:31*am, Usual Suspect wrote:
I've had one on the roof since Dec 2004 in 90274 35 miles from Mt
Wilson split 4 ways with no preamps. It's a fine little UHF

antenna
and while they say it can do upper VHF, I have serious doubts.

I'll
find out for certain in 2 weeks.

Thanks, G, for answering the question *asked*. I appreciate it. :-)

The issue re. rights may be interesting to some, but was not asked.

(Man, the
signal-to-noise ration on USENET is *so* low...)

If you think of it, please post a follow-up in 2 weeks.

Thanks.
--
Al, the usual

Well, it's the 'big day' and while we have an excellent antenna at
work, I didn't think the little 'SquareShooter' would be adequate for
VHF-hi (channels 7-13) DTV. I brought home the spectrum analyzer to
check out the signal before I tried a re-scan. So far 2 of the 4 VHF-
hi have completed the change over. KABC-7 and KCAL-9 are in their new
homes. The spectrum analyzer showed better than 20dB carrier to noise
which should be OK. I then connected to the computer tuner and it
works very well. I must say I am totally surprised about that as the
analog stations 7-13 were SO weak as to not even SEE a locked umage
from analog. As it is, it appears to be as good as the UHF DTV. If Fox
11 and KCOP-13 are as good as 7 and 9 I won't need to change a thing.