Old June 13th 09, 07:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default "Panel" style UHF DTV antenna?

wrote in message

So far 2 of the 4 VHF-
hi have completed the change over. KABC-7 and KCAL-9 are in their new
homes. The spectrum analyzer showed better than 20dB carrier to noise
which should be OK. I then connected to the computer tuner and it
works very well. I must say I am totally surprised about that as the
analog stations 7-13 were SO weak as to not even SEE a locked umage
from analog. As it is, it appears to be as good as the UHF DTV. If Fox
11 and KCOP-13 are as good as 7 and 9 I won't need to change a thing.

I got KABC but, so far, no KCAL. I'm in San Diego, so my situation will be
variable, depending on the ducting. I think I've lost KCBS, since they
moved to KCAL's old channel, 43, which has a local LPTV station sitting on
it. I still have some more antenna tricks to try. KCAL on 43 was always
very "iffy."

I've also lost KCET; There's a Mexican station (full power) on 28. KOCE
generally good.