Old June 14th 09, 03:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
stan stan is offline

Default "Panel" style UHF DTV antenna?

On Jun 9, 11:21*pm, "amdx" wrote:
A mismatch can cause ghosting in an analog TV.
What does ghosting do to a digital TV signal?

* Just as a point of interest (to me at least) I grew up within 3 blocks of
an airport, it
was a several times a day occurance to have the picture flutter as an
airplane flew by.

It was identifying the reflection of radio signals from a flying
aircraft that led to the development and use of radar.
Radar was major factor in the successful defence of Britain (Britain
1940) against German bombing (The Blitz) early in WWII (1939-1945).
Although it was initially very crude, (It was called Radio-location or
RDF, Radio Direction Finding) at the time.
Unfortunately the first war time US use of radar was misinterpreted
when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbour in Dec 1941!