Old June 14th 09, 08:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Update: DTV antenna on VHF

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 11:08:36 -0700 (PDT), Jim Lux
wrote:

Until fairly recently, hams didn't do much coding, for a variety of
reasons.

This neither negates the specific issues of signal to noise in their
relationship, a matter that is quite in the power of the Ham to
control to some extent; nor does it invalidate the simplicity of that
relationship revealed through one graphic that serves to reduce the
obscurity of a lot of math.

As for the variety of reasons, computation power would seem to be in
abundance (the first mythical Cray is a door stop today). That as an
excuse is a croak.
It's not anything like a turnkey thing,

Like I said, an indifferent or incapable individual in the guise of
"Ham." I am amazed how that Lid is raised on a pedestal.
or even a "go get gnuradio" thing. Where you see coding in common ham
use, it's buried in an application (PSK31, JT65, and the like)

So, let me get this straight, because it is available (a seeming
contradiction from the tenor of your response), it is not accessible?
Or it is not useful? Or it is not understood? Or Shannon has been
rendered obsolete?

Your objections are answered with your own solutions and yet the sense
of what you say is shove Shannon out the window and whine about the
noise.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC