Old June 15th 09, 06:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Hell of a bunch of DXers

In article ,
"Brenda Ann" wrote:

"Bushcraftgregg" wrote in message

Hey B.A. - I saw a show last week and thought about you.:-) It was on
the food in S.Korea. All I can say is "Oh my." Some of it, well,
actually most of it - I just shook my head and pictured you really
tying into a bowl of many of the delectables over there.;-)

I learned that the S.Korean's love fermented food so too speak. Bean
paste? I saw how they made it, actually just letting it ruin? That is
a staple over there huh? There were some foods though, that looked
pretty good. It would be hard to put on weight over there, not many
overweight S.Koreans, I do like how they implement soups in all their
meals though. Do the North eat the same things as the South? I figured
you would be the one to know.:-)

Actually, there are LOTS of fat S. Koreans. The show you watched was on
"traditional" Korean food. There is still a lot of that eaten, but the diet
has been largely westernized, with a lot more meat proteins, etc. Also, they
eat a lot more things like pizza and burgers. Even in my small town, there
are over a dozen fast food outlets, including at least three pizzerias, four
burger joints, several chicken places and a Mexican food restaurant with a
limited menu. All this in a town of around 10,000 (I think that includes the
base, which has it's own fast food joints (Charley's Steakery, Burger King,
Pizza Hut, Anthony's Pizza, Subway, Popeye's, Taco Bell, etc.)

We personally don't eat much Korean food. Some we do like, though. Such as
Yaki Mandu (Korean spring rolls), Dong Kas (a veal patty with a special
breading) and Chop Choe (sort of like lo mein). There's also pachingi, which
is like a cross between an omelet and a pizza, with potatos, eggs, onions,
peppers, etc. I prefer the ones without the seafood... most are made with
calamari.. ugh..

I expect that there is only one fat north korean. The rest are starving.
You get a free pizza for guessing the name of the one fat guy.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California