Old June 15th 09, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Lux Jim Lux is offline

Default Cassegrain Antenna Development

Emanuele Colucci wrote:
Thanks to James for the advices and to Jerry and Jim for the news.

Jerry: I'd like to know more about your solution, if you agree.

Jim Lux ha scritto:
There's a set of articles in IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine
(not the transactions) a few years back that has all the equations and
design rules for all of the various reflector configurations.

Where I can find these articles?

Best wishes,

Emanuele Colucci

You might want to take a look at W1GHZ's online book
http://www.w1ghz.org/antbook/conf/Mu...r_antennas.pdf

He gives a procedure, and refers to a variety of sources, among them,
the ones I was thinking of:
The articles I was thinking of were by Christophe Granet at CSIRO in
Australia, and published in Tom Milligan's "Antenna Designer's Notebook"
column in the A&P Magazine

April 1998, "Designing Axially Symmetric Cassegrain or Gregorian
Dual-Reflector Antennas from Combinations of Prescribed Geometric
Parameters"

June 98, Minimum blockage
Dec 99, Displaced axis dual reflector antenans (4 types)
Dec 2001, Dragonian Dual-Reflector
June2002, Offset Cassegrain or Gregorian
Dec 2003, Designing ..offset.. Part 2, Feed-horn Blockage Conditions.

There's some FORTRAN available too, from Tom Milligan.