Old June 16th 09, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
~ RHF ~ RHF is offline

Default (OT) : California Power Outages

On Jun 16, 6:21*am, wrote:
PG&E blackouts last longer than elsewhere.http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=266901

The longest time my electric power went out was because of Hurricane
Katrina.That lasted about seventeen hours.Some people in the Jackson
metro area (about half a million people, including the suburbs) though,
their power was out much longer than that.I was Lucky.
cuhulin

Basically PG&E covers the 48 Northern California Counties.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_California
The majority of the Power Outages happen in
the Rural Land Areas.

SCE and SDG&E cover Southern California
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_California

it's a relative matter of area and logistics - idtars ~ RHF