Old June 17th 09, 12:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rich Griffiths Rich Griffiths is offline

Default Update: DTV antenna on VHF

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:06:53 -0700, Sal M. Onella wrote:

snip
I didn't know the term "microwave rover"
was being applied to amateur radio.

Roving (or "rovering", nobody seems to know which it should be) is a
great aspect of VHF & up operating. It's taken me to some beautiful
sites where it was wonderful to be in the outdoors enjoying the weather
and the radio at the same time -- except in January ;-)

Rover is a separate category in the ARRL and other VHF & Up contests.
See, e.g., http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2008/jan-vhf-ss.html

Us hard-working, dedicated operators :-) get special consideration when
computing scores.

--
Rich