Old June 17th 09, 12:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.religion.christian,alt.news-media
~ RHF ~ RHF is offline

Default (OT) : "Liberal-Fascism" with over 6-Million 'Hits' : Liberal-Fascismis a Virtual Reality in the 21st Century

On Jun 16, 12:16*pm, "Dr. Barry Worthington"
wrote:
On 16 June, 18:28, "~ RHF" wrote:

On Jun 16, 9:54*am, "Dr. Barry Worthington"
wrote:

On 16 June, 17:20, "~ RHF" wrote:

On Jun 16, 9:15*am, m II wrote: Dr. Barry Worthington wrote:
Indeed. Let's explore this further.The origin of this garbage appears
to be the following article.

- Casting pearls before swine, Doctor?
-
- mike

Try to use 1930s Definitions to Deny that
Liberal-Fascism Does Exist in the 21st
Century is an Tired Old Argument.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.....d91b4a2e4429c9

I have tried to respond to your original reply, but the system will
not let me. So I will answer here.

- Firstly, I expect you to answer the points
- that I made in my posting.

Why is that some sort of 'rule' ?

Why,yes! It's one of the rules of argument that most of us follow. Not
you, it seems....

- If you cannot,

-or- Simply 'choose' not to.

- I am not prepared to to deal with a lot of
- citations from a variety of sites that appear
- to be hagiography of Jonah Goldberg.

Ditto back at you.

Ditto? What relevant points have you made?

- Do you have an opinion on the Coupland article?

Nah just my 'opinions' -ibid-

So you can't really answer my criticism of the original posting?
Surprise, surprise!

Try to use 1930s Definitions to Deny that
Liberal-Fascism Does Exist in the 21st
Century is an Tired Old Argument.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...d91b4a2e4429c9

Yes, you don't have to cite this junk again. Look, we cannot avoid
talking about 1930s definitions, since Wells used this term in the
1930s. We have to understand what he meant by it. It's a largely
forgotten historical episode, that is until Goldberg discovered it and
thought it suited his purpose. He distorted Wells's concept to suit
his own ends. If you read Coupland (and others who have researched
this period) you will know that Goldberg is a blithering idiot.

Or are you just conent to parrot any amount of junk?

DrBW - 'parrot' 'junk' now now be nice.

But that is what you seem to do. Don't you have any opinions of your
own?

- Secondly, I should point out that a number
- of us have had problems with the wikipedia
- site entry for Liberal Fascism, since someone
- is determined to revert material that is posted
- about H.G. Wells on this matter.
- Dr. Barry Worthington

Yeah WikiPedia ain't perfect. "Liberal Fascism"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Fascism
Is about the Book : Liberal Fascism : The Secret
History of the American Left, From Mussolini to
the Politics of Meaning -by- Jonah Goldberg

Indeed it is, since only Goldberg has used the term since the 1930s.
Now if you take the bother to read the actual article, you will find
that Goldberg himself claims to have been inspired by Wells's concept.
But some idiot seems to revert every attempt that we make to compare
Wells's views with Goldberg's....

* Positive Views
* Negative Views
Denying that "Liberal-Fascism" Exists and
the Validity of the Term "Liberal-Fascist" in
the 21st Century does not change the Fact
or 'possibility' that :
"Liberal-Fascism" Can It Exist ?
"Liberal-Fascism" Does It Exist ?
* Words and Their Meanings Do Evolve
with the Passage of Time
* Social and Political Movements Do Change
as People Migrate to and from them.

Yes. People do use terms wrongly, and they become insults. But it is a
fantasy to suggest that the underlying ideology of fascism changed as
a result.

consider the possibilities and realities
beyond a textbook answer ~ RHF

What textbook answer? In the original posting I cited an academic
article.

- Now, unless you have anything of value to say, please go away...
- Dr. Barry Worthington

DrBW - Here To Stay Here To Stay ~ RHF
-ps- the value of being here