Old June 17th 09, 09:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Shocking Experience

Just Plain Burr wrote:

After 61 years of playing with, and working with AC electricity I finely
got mine. On top of a 12 "Aluminum" ladder in the rain I stuck the end of an
un-insinuated wire into a hot 220vAC wire and got the crap stocked out of me
and had to throw myself into space to get away from it.

I hit three flowerpots, and a tree on the way down then landed on a
cement border around the tree.

I'm OK, sore cut up a little but alive. The juice went in my left hand and
out my left knee so it didn't cross my heart or other organs (or pianos) on
the way out. Left hand hurts and left knee is swollen and very sore.

I could feel each cycle of the AC as it went threw me and I could not
open my hand. A smaller or person who was not in as good a shape as I am
would have fried their heart. 5 minutes after the stock/fall my BP was
132/62 with a pulse of 65, that's high for me but I'll take it.

I have had many friends do the same thing and die. Over 33 years as a
telephone man I lose a lot of friends to doing the wrong thing at the wrong
time and today it was me BUT, I'm OK.

Glad you're OK.

I had one experience like that when I was maybe 16 or 17 and I decided to mess
around inside a Hammarlund receiver, quite the shock.

Only other thing like that I saw was another guy in the Navy getting into about
5 KV, sent him across the work space, but he was OK.

You keep doing that Cuz, and your adventure will be over and you won't make it
to dementia.