Old June 17th 09, 11:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default Shocking Experience

"dxAce" wrote in message
I had one experience like that when I was maybe 16 or 17 and I decided to
mess
around inside a Hammarlund receiver, quite the shock.

Only other thing like that I saw was another guy in the Navy getting into
about
5 KV, sent him across the work space, but he was OK.

My most fun shock was when I was about 22. Was working on a microwave oven,
and got across that .5uf 4KV cap. Definately a more stout jolt than from a
TV CRT... I always thought, up to that time, that getting launched backward
across a room by a jolt like that was something that only happened in
cartoons.. well.. after I picked myself up from a large pile of stainless
steel cookware on the other side of the kitchen, I thought much differently.
Definately got my attention (and got my heartrate up to about 200 for a
couple minutes..)