Old June 18th 09, 04:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Oldridge Dave Oldridge is offline

Default Hygain 18AVT v 18AVQ

"VK2KC" wrote in news:u3kYl.18128$y61.1569@news-
server.bigpond.net.au:

Hello,
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Hygain 18AVQ and the 18AVT
verticals?

A copy in pdf of the manual would be very welcome.

I cannot tell you about the difference, as I never had the opportunity to
test them both in the same place. My 18AVQ was in an urban backyard in
Richnmond BC and worked adequately but was not really stellar, possibly
because of local noises from old tube type TV sets still very common at the
time.

The 18AVT was in a salt marsh in a remote location offshore in the
Atlantic well away from housing. I worked all continents on 75M SSB the
night after I put it up!

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 454777283