Old June 18th 09, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Update: DTV antenna on VHF

tom wrote:
Rich Griffiths wrote:
The rovers got us as many 10GHz grids this weekend as the sum total of
the previous 11 contests. And they don't play the games that some of
the east coast "owned" rovers do.

Ssshhhh! That's supposed to be a secret ;-)

An unfortunate smear on the east coast in general, especially since I am
from there. It is well known who the stations/clubs are that get away
with it. I would make a disparaging remark about the blessed League
caring about cheating here, but it would offend the masses.

All contesters cheat except for me and thee....

So if I go roving, and I don't belong to one of these clubs, will they
not talk to me?

And if they are cheating, and it's documented, why hasn't anyone
submitted proof, and get their sorry butts DQ'ed?

Takes lots of people to cheat, those cheating, and those putting up with it.

Sorry for the rant, but as a person who runs a contest, I get many, many
accusations of people or clubs cheating, and precious little to support
that. Most of the time the accuser pops up with great angst, describing
the terrible situation, the nefarious cheaters, and often the complicity
of the contest organizers. Then when pressed for proof, the reply is
usually "Gee, I don't want to start anything!"

Not sayin, I'm just sayin'...

- 73 de Mike N3LI -