Old June 19th 09, 04:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default Update: DTV antenna on VHF

tom wrote:
Michael Coslo wrote:

All contesters cheat except for me and thee....

So if I go roving, and I don't belong to one of these clubs, will they
not talk to me?

And if they are cheating, and it's documented, why hasn't anyone
submitted proof, and get their sorry butts DQ'ed?

Takes lots of people to cheat, those cheating, and those putting up
with it.

Sorry for the rant, but as a person who runs a contest, I get many,
many accusations of people or clubs cheating, and precious little to
support that. Most of the time the accuser pops up with great angst,
describing the terrible situation, the nefarious cheaters, and often
the complicity of the contest organizers. Then when pressed for proof,
the reply is usually "Gee, I don't want to start anything!"

Not sayin, I'm just sayin'...

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

First, not all contesters cheat. My experience is few VHF and up
contesters cheat.

Second, the rovers are the key to the cheat. Fixed stations love to
work rovers because of the point and grid benefits. The cheating is the
rovers who won't work anyone but the mothership.

Third, it's not documented since no one will publicly admit to it, which
should be obvious. Privately is a different matter.

The cheaters are known. Very well known in some cases.

tom
K0TAR

Missed one of your points. The Blessed League runs this contest. No
more comment needed.

tom
K0TAR