Old June 20th 09, 01:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] greenpjs@neo.rr.com is offline

Default When will we get rid of this (RF JUNK)??

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 21:14:52 -0700, Jim-NN7K .
wrote:

Channel 2 stations are supposed to have stopped transmitting , in
analog, and gone to Digital-
So WHY is Channel 2 (with NO call sign I have heard) STILL transmitting
, Analog, in Reno ,
NV, with a 24/7 informercial, on how to convert to Digital ???
When, o when, will Channel 2 Finally DISAPPEAR from the spectrum (in
Reno)?? How many MORE
areas are still broadcasting analog , in violation of the Digital
Conversion ?
Inquiring minds want to know! :-( Jim NN7K

Soory if this is a duplicate... I sent a similar response a few
minutes ago that showed up as no longer available. I'm not sure what
that means.

Anyway, that station is probably part of the FCC's nightlight program.
It will go off around the end of June. ...Pat N8CQV