Old June 20th 09, 04:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
KD7HB KD7HB is offline

Default When will we get rid of this (RF JUNK)??

On Jun 20, 6:48*am, Jim-NN7K . wrote:
Thanks, all- *got similar from vhf cluster- apparently this will
be on the air for 30 days after the cutover -just about the time
6 meter Es Season is over (sigh)! *Other cities in top 100 market
also have at least one station running this "Nitelite" infomercial
Oh well, hope it gets quieter on six , in couple more weeks-
Jim NN7K

wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 08:39:04 -0400, wrote:

Soory if this is a duplicate... * I sent a similar response a few
minutes ago that showed up as no longer available. *I'm not sure what
that means.

This time, both replies were there. *I must have caught my earlier
message when my news server had just the header *but not the whole
message yet. *I need to learn patience ... and how to spell sorry.
...Pat

Hi, Jim.
Didn't look up your QTH, but there is another possible answer.

I live in Central Oregon. We don't have a house TV connected to an
antenna, I went out to the 5th wheel trailer yesterday to see what
analog TV was still available to us and discovered more than a dozen
were still on the air. They were all signals from either repeaters or
translators located on a mountain to the East of us. The FCC did not
require any repeaters/translators to go to digital. So some of the
signals you are noticing may be from this source.

None of the analog TV signals I found were on VHF, however.

Paul, KD7HB