Old June 20th 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default When will we get rid of this (RF JUNK)??

wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 04:45:02 GMT,
wrote:

Jim-NN7K . wrote:
Channel 2 stations are supposed to have stopped transmitting , in
analog, and gone to Digital-
So WHY is Channel 2 (with NO call sign I have heard) STILL transmitting
, Analog, in Reno ,
NV, with a 24/7 informercial, on how to convert to Digital ???
When, o when, will Channel 2 Finally DISAPPEAR from the spectrum (in
Reno)?? How many MORE
areas are still broadcasting analog , in violation of the Digital
Conversion ?
Inquiring minds want to know! :-( Jim NN7K

The requirement was to cease high power broadcasting in analog, not
cease broadcasting in analog.

In the LA area there are still 7 stations running the conversion
infomercial in low power analog.

RF channel 2 is not slated to disappear, it just won't be used by
as many stations as before.

While that is true, I don't think it answers his question. The FCC
created a "nightlight" program where one station in each market is
keeping their analog transmitter going for a while to help those
caught by the transition. As the OP stated, they are airing a DTV
infomercial in English and Spanish until the real end in a few weeks.
WKYC in Cleveland's analog signal will remain on until June 26th. I
will guess the Reno station is doing something similar.

Like I said, in LA there are 7 stations doing it, not 1, and they are all
running low power.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.