Old June 20th 09, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim-NN7K[_2_] Jim-NN7K[_2_] is offline

Default When will we get rid of this (RF JUNK)??

Paul , translators didn't have to move, or change to digital

I am just north of Reno, NV, and tho never could get good pix
from local stations (and still can't get the digi's, the HIGH
power Channel 2 transmitter (I thought) would be off the air,
on the digi conversion day-- Wrong! It is the digi cutover info
channel here, now in Reno. Someone forwarded me a list of the
Channel 2 Transmitters "Nitelighted" And there may be another
not shown, (Detroit?)

http://www.wtfda.org/images/stories/NLch2.JPG

Reason I asked, since 6 Meters is next to Channel 2, and even
with the Vestigial band filter, on channel 2, there is considerable
signal leakage in 6 meters, from this station - noise that should
dissappear after it is finally off the air.

Thanks for comments- Jim NN7K

HB wrote:

Hi, Jim.
Didn't look up your QTH, but there is another possible answer.

I live in Central Oregon. We don't have a house TV connected to an
antenna, I went out to the 5th wheel trailer yesterday to see what
analog TV was still available to us and discovered more than a dozen
were still on the air. They were all signals from either repeaters or
translators located on a mountain to the East of us. The FCC did not
require any repeaters/translators to go to digital. So some of the
signals you are noticing may be from this source.

None of the analog TV signals I found were on VHF, however.

Paul, KD7HB