Old June 21st 09, 01:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default Horizontal Dipole - zero degrees elevation

tom wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

Have you tried doing this comre it before.

For the record, I did not write that. I always comre it after.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

I ran this with a 15' 9" boom 6m beam at 20 feet over real high accuracy
ground, which is at a typical height for a height for a home TV antenna.

The vertically polarized version had a peak of 11.5 dBi at 9 degrees
while the horizontal had 16.0 at 13 degrees. At 9 degrees the
horizontal still had 15.0 dBi, clearly the winner.

Given that this was very close to the ground in terms of wavelength, it
may not be a good example.

tom
K0TAR