Old June 22nd 09, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Stray Dog[_2_] Stray Dog[_2_] is offline

Default Vintage SSB

Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 06:54:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: "
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Subject: Vintage SSB

I know there are several Vintage SSB nets listed ,but, I have not been
able to hear one on the air..I have a collection of early SSB gear and
would enjoy excercizing them on the air..Anyone interested in having a
Vintage SSB net on 40 meters..It would be fun to hear those old tube
rigs on the air,Talk about repairs,restoring,mods,finding parts
etc..What say? Harold

You need to get on the air and just "break into" conversations and start
asking everyone if the know where these nets take place.

Try google searches on various search terms and see if you can find
websites devoted to topics of your choice.

You might have better luck on 75 meters, but I can also tell you that
activity (as in ragchewing) on the ham bands has been on the general
decline for a long time. I listen and get on 75 more than any other bands,
but generally tune across 40 and 20, just to see what is going on.
Sunspots are not too high these days, so that is another inhibiting
factor.