Old June 25th 09, 08:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dykesc dykesc is offline

Default OCF Dipole and Window Line Choke

On Jun 25, 11:14*am, Richard Clark wrote:
Ohm (sic) Window line in this

As you report you have EZNEC, the solution is at hand. *Put up the
longest wire you can run. *Place the source at the center of 101
segments. *Set the alternative SWR source Z to 100 Ohms. * Run a full
sweep from 3 to 30 MHz at 10 kHz increments. *On a separate chart of
about 10 columns, make notes of each dip in SWR (about 4) in columns
that are spaced equal to the dip's relation to the full 3-30 sweep.
Now move the source 5% and repeat the steps. *Keep moving the source
towards the end by 5% steps, again repeating the steps.

I've done this and know where the "best" offset is, but telling would
cheat you of your investment in EZNEC.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

You're right Richard. I am working with an "ad-hoc" design. I'll try
your method, but since I've only got 450 ohm line to work with, other
than lossy coax, I'll use 450 as the alternate Z0.

73
Dykes (AD5VS)