Old June 25th 09, 09:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dykesc dykesc is offline

Default OCF Dipole and Window Line Choke

On Jun 25, 3:13*pm, Roy Lewallen wrote:
dykesc wrote:

While I've got you, is there any way in EZNEC to add an RF ground
counterpoise at the source end of my model? I have a long wire at *my
common equipment ground point to better enable RF grounding on my
equipment and would like to see if EZNEC can tell me anything about
its effectiveness. I can't figure out how to tie the wire in to only
the ground side of a source. I read up on split sources but still
can't be sure I'm doing this correctly.

The way to do it is to put your (conventional, non-split) source on the
end segment of the counterpoise wire, and connect the transmission line
end to the same segment, rather than using a virtual segment for the
interconnection.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Ok Roy I added the RF ground counterpoise as you stated above, but it
would appear to me all I did was add another antenna wire at the
source end of my model. I did ground one end of the RF ground
counterpoise, but I'm having a tough time seeing how the source is not
just seeing this as another antenna wire. Maybe that's the way it
should be, but in the physical world the counterpoise is only
connected to transmitter ground and my transmitter is not trying to
drive it through the center conductor.

73
Dykes (AD5VS)