Old June 26th 09, 01:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default OCF Dipole and Window Line Choke

dykesc wrote:

Ok Roy I added the RF ground counterpoise as you stated above, but it
would appear to me all I did was add another antenna wire at the
source end of my model. I did ground one end of the RF ground
counterpoise, but I'm having a tough time seeing how the source is not
just seeing this as another antenna wire. Maybe that's the way it
should be, but in the physical world the counterpoise is only
connected to transmitter ground and my transmitter is not trying to
drive it through the center conductor.

73
Dykes (AD5VS)

Sorry, I don't understand. EZNEC has no idea of what you consider to be
an "antenna", "counterpoise", or "ground" (except when connected to a
perfect or MININEC-type ground plane). A conductor is a conductor, just
as in the real world. It sounds to me like the model matches your setup
-- the terminal of the source connected to the long wire is the
transmitter "ground", and the other source terminal is the transmitter
"hot". But if the suggestion I made doesn't match the physical
configuration of your setup, then it needs to be modified so it does.
Unless other readers are interested, contact me by email and try again
at describing the physical setup if you still need help with it.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL