Old June 26th 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
justtis justtis is offline

Default Active magnetic loop antenna

Can be just an "active magnetic loop" design as the Wellbrook is. Doesn't
necessarily have to be tunable.
I know what it's like to misplace things. I had a plan for a Wellbrook
1530 clone including the balanced broadband rf amp/control box but it's
nowhere to be found. Probably ended up in the shredder.
About 40 feet back from the house I'm running into all kinds of interference
from Bell and Cable wires running at right angles across the back. I'll
have to mount the unit somewhere between 20 and 35 feet away from the house
for the best quiet spot. Then with the new rotor I purchased for the
project, I can hopefully null out most of the rest of the interfering
garbage. The MFJ-1026 should remove near all of what's left. 'Got
everything ready for the build except the main part.
"elaich" wrote in message ...
"Justtis" wrote in
:

Anyone know of a good site offering build plans. Prefer plans from
someone who has built and used same.
I need a quiet antenna like this and Wellbrook is just too expensive!
http://www.wellbrook.uk.com/index.html

Here's a simple one:

http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=10174

I had links to 2 Radio-Electronics projects on building a very nice small
amplified antenna, one for BCB, the other for shortwave, but typically, I
can't find them.