Old June 26th 09, 04:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default OCF Dipole and Window Line Choke

dykesc wrote:
... but it
would appear to me all I did was add another antenna wire at the
source end of my model.

Welcome to the world of RF. On a long "ground" wire,
the only place that is at "ground" is where it is
grounded and at 1/2WL intervals. With standing waves
on that wire, there are points at which the impedance
(and voltage) is sky high - yes, on the "ground" wire.
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com