Old November 21st 03, 03:37 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

Mike,

You can get 6:1 baluns from Amidon. go to
http://www.amidoncorp.com/aai_hampricing.htm#
and click on baluns.

Tam/WB2TT
"Mike Blake" wrote in message
gy.com...
I am attempting to build a T2FD antenna for use on the 20 through 10 meter
ham bands with my new Ten-Tec Argonaut V transceiver. While not a part of
the issue my wife of almost 40 years has ordered the Argonaut V for me for
Christmas.

Well, back to the issue at hand:

The design requires a 6:1 ratio broadband transformer to match 50 ohm

cable
to the impeance of the antenna. I have not been able to find any simple
construction data for a 6:1 (50 - 300 ohm) transformer that would work

well
over the 14 - 30 mHz frequency range. I would appreciate it if someone
would point me to some practical construction data for such a transformer.
The design power would be 100 watts.

The entire antenna can be purchased from B&W but $199 seems awfully

pricey.

73 - Mike - K9JRI