Old June 27th 09, 06:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dykesc dykesc is offline

Default OCF Dipole and Window Line Choke

On Jun 26, 10:31*am, Cecil Moore wrote:

Welcome to the world of RF. On a long "ground" wire,
the only place that is at "ground" is where it is
grounded and at 1/2WL intervals. With standing waves
on that wire, there are points at which the impedance
(and voltage) is sky high - yes, on the "ground" wire.
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, *http://www.w5dxp.com

Thanks for the reply Cecil. I am aware of the physics of RF on
longwires. What I am having trouble with is how to include a longwire
RF energy sink at the source end of my antenna model. These are
normally 1/4 wavelength at the operating frequency (or band midpoint
for a best fit) and are open circuit on the far end resulting in a low
impedance path for stray rf energy as part of the station ground
configuration. Look back at Roy's reply on how to implement this in a
model. The way he suggested would appear to have the source driving
the 1/4 wave ground wire as an end fed element. Just doesn't look
right to me. The source should only see this wire on the ground side
of the model.

73
Dykes (AD5VS)