Old June 27th 09, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dick[_3_] Dick[_3_] is offline

Default Possible new problem TVI

In article ,
"David Thompson" wrote:

Does this mean we go back to having TVI problems
as we did before cable?

Dave K4JRB

Dave K4JRB,

I ran into a weird problem with our new HDTV. Anytime I would transmit
with over 100 watts the RF was QRMing the remote control receiver inside
the Sony and causing the Menu to flash on and off. No issues at all with
audio or video. The fix was the addition of common mode filters.

Check out the article on page 40 of the July issue of QST for pictures
and more details.

Dick AA5VU