Old June 29th 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Robert Kubichek Robert Kubichek is offline

Default ft747gx encoder replacement

Matt Murphy wrote:
All,
I have the regular frequency hopping issue common to the FT-747gx.
One time I came across someone that replaced the clicking vfo knob/
encoder with a smooth encoder. Does anyone know of someone that has
done this? I hate the clicking when trying to tune.

I can't remember now but I had thought they used a 757 or 767
encoder. If I remember right (probably not) it was not a drop in
replacement but had to be hotwired. Yaesu, of course, will not say
anything more than what the direct replacement is.

Thanks for your help.
matt

Take a look at the encoder for the FT-890, it is magnetic, and might work.
If I remember the Ft-890 is an upgraded FT-747 .

Bob