Old July 2nd 09, 10:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bushcraftgregg Bushcraftgregg is offline

Default Walkman, at 30, a mystery to teen

On Jul 2, 3:28*am, Bob Dobbs wrote:
LukeP wrote:
On Jul 1, 3:57*pm, Barry wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...7/01/BU2618GKE....

What's an iPod?

I read the article also. *Most people look at the cassette as
equivalent withthe *8-track tape. *But I bet these same people would
be shocked to find out that some of the better cassette decks had way
better specs than a Ipod. *I have seen some of the Naks with freq.
response to 27 khz and my Denon, which was a mid-level deck, has freq.
response to 23 or 24 which I know is more than you can squeeze from
digital at even the highest bit rate. *I'm just sayin'..........

Not a Nakamichi, nor a Denon, but an admittedly above average Sony, mine
will wind off a bit of tape from the spool, record two tones, rewind and
evaluate to determine the exact bias for that particular formula tape,
and when combined with the headroom expanding version of Dolby (HX-Pro)
can deliver frequencies way above my current range. The sound level
meter shows output from the speakers buy I can't hear it.

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

I think I mentioned this kid six or seven months
ago in here. But there is this kid on youtube,
goes by "CassetteMaster"....he definitely has
a love for bringing back to life older cassette
players / eight tracks....just about anything.

It's good to see IMO, a kid with the love he has
for the older electronics.