Old July 2nd 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Barry[_3_] Barry[_3_] is offline

Default Walkman, at 30, a mystery to teen

On Jul 2, 2:08*am, LukeP wrote:
On Jul 1, 3:57*pm, Barry wrote:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...7/01/BU2618GKE....

What's an iPod?

I read the article also. *Most people look at the cassette as
equivalent withthe *8-track tape. *But I bet these same people would
be shocked to find out that some of the better cassette decks had way
better specs than a Ipod. *I have seen some of the Naks with freq.
response to 27 khz and my Denon, which was a mid-level deck, has freq.
response to 23 or 24 which I know is more than you can squeeze from
digital at even the highest bit rate. *I'm just sayin'..........

Get yourself a Super-Audio CD player and buy SA-CDs. Now that will
blow your socks off!
SA-CDs are the closest sound to the original studio master tapes:
www.sa-cd.net