Old July 6th 09, 05:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] bugzilla.97@googlemail.com is offline

Default 2 baluns on doublet feedline to overcome impedance changes?

On 6 July, 14:41, Cecil Moore wrote:
The antenna is balanced. The feedline is balanced. What you
would need is a BALBAL, not a Balun. I haven't seen any
BALBALs advertised lately.

one thing i neglected to mention is that the rig is grounded;
according to the roy lewallen document i referred to, the ground
connection causes imbalance, regardless of the ladder line;

When I ran into the same problem, I decided to adjust my
ladder-line length per band so the balun would always be
looking into an impedance between 35 ohms and 85 ohms.

http://www.w5dxp.com/notuner.htm

i used that link in a posting just the other day; i always liked your
design; but i'm not interested in it here;

i'm also aware of the link-coupled transmatch;

73