Old July 8th 09, 08:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected][_2_] miso@sushi.com[_2_] is offline

Default Radio Habana, did they discontinue the English service?

On Jul 7, 4:32*pm, goma wrote:
On Jul 7, 12:48*am, " wrote:

On Jul 6, 9:52*pm, SC Dxing wrote:

Scanning the last several nights, Cubans are not transmitting in
English anywhere (6000, 6060, 6140) etc during the times they are
supposed to. Did they can the English services? It's only in Spanish
now at 0452 utc and has been that way for several nights now.

http://www.radiohc.org/Distributions/freqtable.html
I haven't been listening to my marching order from El Presidente
lately, but according to the schedule, they still have English
broadcasts.

For the record, I don't think I even caught RHC in a lie. They slant
the news of course, but nothing untrue. In fact, Fox News should be so
honest.

Considering how radical the views of RHC are, it wasn't often that I
found them in outright lies. On one occasion though, probably within
the last decade, when they were receiving heat for jailing their
dissidents, one commentator (no way to remember who) said that Cuba
didn't have political prisoners but the US did. Yes that would be a
lie.

Once in a while you learn some interesting truthiness from RHC. You
may recall Cuba cut the electricity to US Embassy in Cuba. [It's not
really an Embassy since we don't have relations with Cuba. Rather, it
is a diplomatic mission, but you get the idea..] On the surface, that
sounded kind of nasty. However, RHC mentioned they had photos of the
electric billboard outside the embassy that had some nasty stuff about
El Presidente.

The US has a few political prisoners, but I suspect Cuba has more.
http://www.donsiegelman.com/
http://www.freemumia.org/