Old July 8th 09, 02:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Howard Kowall Howard Kowall is offline

Default Twin lead versous Ladder LIne:

Hello to all
Going to build a Mystery Antenna to take to the lake for 2 weeks
http://www.w5gi.com/mysteryantenna.htm
It says to use 300 or 450 ohm window line.What I am asking if there is a
real big diff if I use 300 Twin Lead.
I realize that the power handling capacity is reduced,but I will be only
running a max of 100w for a short duty cycle(not a big talker).
And I also realize that it is not mechanically as strong.Has anyone have
some thoughts on this.
I will be using a manual tuner on this type of antenna.
Thanks to all in advance
Howard
VE4ISP