Old July 8th 09, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default Twin lead versous Ladder LIne:

"Howard Kowall" wrote in
:

Hello to all
Going to build a Mystery Antenna to take to the lake for 2 weeks
http://www.w5gi.com/mysteryantenna.htm
It says to use 300 or 450 ohm window line.What I am asking if there is
a real big diff if I use 300 Twin Lead.

FWIW, W5GI does say on his web page "Window-type 18 gauge 300 ohm ribbon
works best."

I realize that the power handling capacity is reduced,but I will be
only running a max of 100w for a short duty cycle(not a big talker).
And I also realize that it is not mechanically as strong.Has anyone
have some thoughts on this.

I have written some notes on the "Mystery Antenna" at
http://www.w5gi.com/mysteryantenna.htm .

Owen