Old July 9th 09, 08:01 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Jack Newhouse Jack Newhouse is offline

Default What is the best handheld scanner on the market today?

Hi there,

My Pro-97 has finally stopped scanning. It looks like it is scanning,
but it stays on the same band and the same frequency. When I press the
Red button to hear NOAA weather there is no audio there either.

I listen primarily to police/fire/disaster preparedness, city,
aviation, Air force 1, military jets, civil offense, cellular phones,
regular cordless phones. I don't believe
anyone in this relatively unpopulated area has trunking.

Radio Shack said they would fix it for $90.00

I live in Southeast Missouri, Cape Girardeau, County

Here is a site that will show you the frequencies available in SEMO. I
also listen to the Little Egypt area.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?stid=29

What would you reccommend for an excellent new handheld scanner?

A thousand thanks for your time and advice

http://antiterrorist.r8.org