Old July 9th 09, 04:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Lux Jim Lux is offline

Default i am going to put a tv ant on my 100ft tower

Bill wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

So if 200 feet is a "mountain" in California, what do you call Whitney
and Shasta, and the Sierra?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
-- who used to live in a valley at 5200 feet above sea level. . .

Those I call mountains, too.
Bill Baka

In the antenna context, I think one needs to consider HAAT when making
the hill/mountain determination.

I would consider Mt. Wilson (about 5000 ft above Los Angeles) a
legitimate mountain.

Is a hump at 13500 above a valley at 13200 a mountain, or a local hill?