Old July 9th 09, 02:14 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Golan Klinger Golan Klinger is offline

Default What is the best handheld scanner on the market today?

The Other Guy wrote:

Uniden BCD396XT, without a doubt.

I always get nervous when someone uses a phrase like, "without a doubt"
when discussing a subjective matter. The BCD396XT is a cracking scanner,
I'm sure we'd all agree, but the OP said he listens to cellular and he
won't be able to do that with a Uniden. So, I respectfully counter with
the Icom IC-R20 (unblocked) and/or the AOR AR-8200 Mark III. They are
worthy of a look by anyone who wants to buy a serious scanner.

--
Golan Klinger
Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.