Old July 9th 09, 05:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bill Bill is offline

Default i am going to put a tv ant on my 100ft tower

Jim Lux wrote:
Bill wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

So if 200 feet is a "mountain" in California, what do you call
Whitney and Shasta, and the Sierra?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
-- who used to live in a valley at 5200 feet above sea level. . .

Those I call mountains, too.
Bill Baka

In the antenna context, I think one needs to consider HAAT when making
the hill/mountain determination.

I would consider Mt. Wilson (about 5000 ft above Los Angeles) a
legitimate mountain.

Is a hump at 13500 above a valley at 13200 a mountain, or a local hill?

Depends who you talk to. I thought California's definition of mountains
was ridiculous when my parents decided to move here. Maybe just the
highest hill in the bunch. Great place to put an antenna though.

Bill Baka