Old July 9th 09, 06:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bill Bill is offline

Default Alignment Question on HQ 129X

tchrme wrote:
A question for those with Hammarlund experience,
I have just restored my first HQ rcvr and the manual says I need a
sweep generator and a scope to align the IF. On most of my other rcvrs
(Hallicrafters), I just use a signal gen and a VTVM. Is this really
necessary or can I just peak the IF's? Mike KF6KXG

I have one of those, exactly, and I just peaked the IF stages. What was
interesting was getting the frequencies on the dial to be exact. I used
WWV as much as possible and A.M. radio stations that I knew the
frequency of. If you want it to be absolutely right on you will need a
signal generator (digital preferred) and a counter if you don't have a
digital generator. A sweep generator is nice to have but not that many
people have them laying around the bench.

Good luck with that, my 129X picks up the whole world quite nicely and I
think you will be very happy with it.

Bill Baka