Old July 10th 09, 05:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
~ RHF ~ RHF is offline

Default receiver input impedance?

On Jul 9, 5:52*pm, m II wrote:
I've been wondering how feeding two receivers from the same antenna
would affect performance.

If the input impedance is as high as I think, there shouldn't be much of
a drop.

I'm trying to compare two receivers on the same signals without the use
of an antenna pre-amp or some sort of active splitter.

mike

Mike,

Passive Matching Transformer [MT] Antenna Splitter :

A home made MT on a Ferrite Rod with One HI-Z
Winding 30 Turns in the center of Two equal and
separate LO-Z Windings of 10 Turns is about as
simple as it gets.

-- Rcvr # 1 -- Ant -to- Grd -- Rcvr # 2 --

***www***WWWWWWWWW***www***

*** -about- 1/2" Space/Gap between Windings.

iane ~ RHF