Old July 12th 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Matt Murphy Matt Murphy is offline

Default ft747gx encoder replacement

On Jun 29, 11:25*am, Robert Kubichek wrote:
Matt Murphy wrote:
All,
I have the regular frequency hopping issue common to the FT-747gx.
One time I came across someone that replaced the clicking vfo knob/
encoder with a smooth encoder. *Does anyone know of someone that has
done this? *I hate the clicking when trying to tune.

I can't remember now but I had thought they used a 757 or 767
encoder. *If I remember right (probably not) it was not a drop in
replacement but had to be hotwired. *Yaesu, of course, will not say
anything more than what the direct replacement is.

Thanks for your help.
matt

Take a look at the encoder for the FT-890, it is magnetic, and might work..
If I remember the Ft-890 is an upgraded FT-747 *.

Bob

I will look into these and see. What I remember from the post I once
saw was that they had to hotwire the encoder they used. I have not
found a drop in replacement other than the original part.

Matt